What is Giveback?
GiveBack is a scheme led by CIPR East Anglia which offers local charities pro bono communications and PR support, bringing together some of the region’s PR professionals so they can share their expertise in a voluntary capacity.
Regardless of career stage, the opportunity to ‘gift’ some of your time and communications expertise to others can be tremendously rewarding both personally and professionally.
We appreciate that time is precious and we’ve streamlined GiveBack to enable you to give what you can within your free time.
Working with a charity on a pro bono basis is a valuable experience for your career. It is an opportunity to work within a new sector, tackling new challenges for the organisation, and can use it as an opportunity to practice skills you don’t use regularly in your day job.
You’ll be hearing their stories and working together to find a way to jointly enable them to increase awareness of what they do or perhaps learn some skills to enable them to promote themselves better in the future.
Ultimately it’s a chance for you to use or develop your existing skillset as well as being an ambassador for your profession.
How can I volunteer?
If you are a CIPR member based in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex or Cambridgeshire and can give a minimum of two hours of your time in the next 12 months to provide non-competitive, pro-bono support, we’d like to hear from you.
The list below mentions some of the skills we are looking for. This is not exhaustive so please do get in touch if there is another skill you’d like to share.
- Content creation – including but not limited to print / digital materials including press releases / social media / promotional materials
- Copywriting – review of and guidance on enhancing / revising existing promotional materials
- Strategic consultation
- Brand guidance
- PR plan guidance
- Media monitoring overview
- Photography – photographic abilities or guidance on setting up a photo shoot
- Artwork & design services • Printing (quotation and cost analysis)
- Media buying & advertising (quotation and cost analysis)
- Website content amends (& upload) •
- Brainstorming creative ideas
- Extending your network
Please note GiveBack does not support or provide guidance in litigation or carry out audit work.
In return for volunteering, you will:
- Gain up to 10 CPD points
- Meet new contacts
- Learn new skills
- Be involved in a regionally / nationally recognised charitable initiative
Anyone can nominate a charity or charities can nominate themselves to be considered for communications PR support as part of GiveBack.
Their requirements are then reviewed by the CIPR East Anglia committee.
In selecting charities, we consider:
- Locally constituted registered charities based in East Anglia that demonstrate benefits to the community
Once a charity is selected, we work with the charity to understand and outline their requirements so that the relevant support, advice and guidance can be provided.
Next steps to get involved and GiveBack…
If you are a charity interested in finding our more contact CIPREastAnglia@gmail.com.