What is GiveBack?
GiveBack brings members of CIPR East Anglia together to connect with charities, so those charities can benefit from the expertise of the region’s PR professionals, with PR support offered on a pro-bono basis.
Each CIPR East Anglia member that signs up to the GiveBack scheme pledges a minimum of 2 hours of their time every 12 months to provide non-competitive, pro-bono support, strategic advice and tactical delivery.
Governance of GiveBack is through the CIPR East Anglia Committee and managed by the committee’s Charity Co-ordinator.
The CIPR East Anglia region is defined as Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
What skills are CIPR East Anglia looking for from members?
Charities that are selected for GiveBack will agree to have PR professionals scope their business and provide support, advice and guidance with tactical delivery as appropriate.
Professional PR support will include:
• Strategic consultation
• PR plan advice & writing
• News release research, writing, lobbying & basic media monitoring
• Photography & photoshoot styling
• Artwork & design services
• Printing (quotation and cost analysis)
• Media buying & advertising (quotation and cost analysis)
• Website content amends (& upload)
• Social media advice, guidance & syndication support
• Idea generation
• Identifying networking opportunities
• Additional marketing-mix initiatives including innovation
GiveBack will not support litigation or carry out audit work.
Which charities can apply?
Charities in the CIPR East catchment area are eligible to apply for support through the GiveBack scheme. The charities will be chosen through agreement of the CIPR East Anglia Committee.
Eligibility criteria includes:
• Not for profit, community organisations based within the CIPR East Anglia region
• Locally constituted registered charities that demonstrate benefits to the community
• Charitable organisations that have no full- or part-time PR or marketing role
GiveBack is unlikely to support charities or projects that:
• Do not require professional PR services
• Organisations that can afford to pay for professional PR services
• Local or regional branches of national organisations
• Organisations that have no charitable aims
How do I nominate a charity?
To nominate a charity, simply send an email to the CIPR East Anglia Charity Co-ordinator telling us the name of the charity, a short summary of what the charity does and why you feel the charity would benefit from the support of CIPR East Anglia.
Send your submission to email@example.com
Entries must arrive by 5pm on Thursday 19 May 2016.
The charities will be discussed by the CIPR East Anglia committee on Thursday 8 June.
How is the CIPR East Anglia GiveBack charity chosen?
In its inaugural year, the GiveBack charity will be chosen by the CIPR East Anglia committee. One charity will be supported in year one.
For future years, as the scheme grows, there is the potential for a delegation of CIPR East Anglia members to meet and discuss the nominations and make the selection. Additional numbers of charities may also be considered, upon review of year one.
How do I register my interest to take part in GiveBack?
All CIPR East Anglia members are eligible to take part in GiveBack.
Please register your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A skills matrix will be compiled so please indicate which areas of expertise you can offer from the above list, for example, social media advice and guidance.
Can I accrue CPD points if I get involved?
The CIPR East Anglia committee is working with CIPR headquarters to see if points can be accrued for members who take part in GiveBack. More information will follow in due course.
Thank you for your support and being part of GiveBack.