CIPR EA GiveBack deadline – 25 August 2017!
Following last year’s success, send us nominations for charities that could use some support from the region’s PR professionals by 5pm on 25th August.
The CIPR East Anglia GiveBack deadline for applications is fast approaching! Nominations must be in by 25 August 2017. If you’d like to nominate a charity for 2017/18 then contact Sally Pattinson or Harry Mitchell as soon as possible!
Giving up two hours of your time for a great cause is an amazing way to meet new people, have fun and earn CPD points. Last year CIPR East Anglia chose Carers Trust Cambridgeshire as its charity and CIPR East Anglia volunteers spent a Hackathon morning in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. It was an amazing morning and it helped a lot of people. Please help us help more people.
What is GiveBack?
GiveBack brings together members of CIPR East Anglia with charities who can benefit from the expertise of the region’s PR professionals, with PR support offered on a pro-bono basis.
Each CIPR East Anglia member that signs up to the GiveBack scheme pledges a minimum of 2 hours of their time every 12 months to provide non-competitive, pro-bono support, strategic advice and tactical delivery. The CIPR East Anglia region is defined as Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
What skills are CIPR East Anglia looking for from members?
Charities that are selected for GiveBack will agree to have PR professionals scope their business and provide support, advice and guidance with tactical delivery as appropriate.
Professional PR support will include:
• Strategic consultation
• PR plan advice & writing
• News release research, writing, lobbying & basic media monitoring
• Photography & photoshoot styling
• Artwork & design services
• Printing (quotation and cost analysis)
• Media buying & advertising (quotation and cost analysis)
• Website content amends (& upload)
• Social media advice, guidance & syndication support
• Idea generation
• Identifying networking opportunities
• Additional marketing-mix initiatives including innovation
GiveBack will not support litigation or carry out audit work.
Which charities can apply?
Charities in the CIPR East catchment area are eligible to apply for support through the GiveBack scheme. The charities will be chosen through agreement of the CIPR East Anglia Committee.
Eligibility criteria includes:
• Not for profit, community organisations based within the CIPR East Anglia region
• Locally constituted registered charities that demonstrate benefits to the community
• Charitable organisations that need professional support or help with PR or Marketing
• Charitable organisations that cannot afford to pay for professional PR services
How do I nominate a charity?
To nominate a charity, simply send an email to the CIPR East Anglia Charity Co-ordinator telling us the name of the charity, a short summary of what the charity does and why you feel the charity would benefit from the support of CIPR East Anglia.
How is the CIPR East Anglia GiveBack charity chosen?
The GiveBack charity will be chosen by the CIPR East Anglia committee. One charity will normally be supported.
How do I register my interest to take part in GiveBack?
All CIPR East Anglia members are eligible to take part in GiveBack.
Can I accrue CPD points if I get involved?
The CIPR East Anglia committee is working with CIPR headquarters to see if points can be accrued for members who take part in GiveBack. More information will follow in due course. Thank you for your support and being part of GiveBack.